1. Get yourself a good Wedding Planner Book. A nice succinct one - some are over the top, some read like a magazine. This one here has really straightforward worksheets and reminders lists for what you should have done 12, 9, 6, 3, 2 and 1 month before the event itself. Check it over, tick stuff off, bob's your mother's brother.
2. Consider beautiful sillk flowers. Surprisingly inexpensive - same price as the real thing - and so much prettier for so much longer. I have dried my bouquet and it just doesn't look as good as these pretty samples I received some months ago...
3. Be organised and remember to thank the people who put so much into your special day - write lists of what people do for you in the run up, so that you can thank them in the personal cards after the event. It makes it so much nicer for people to receive, they really appreciate it!
4. When you get back from honeymoon, don't forget to send away for your marriage cert! You will need to prove you are married if you are availing of tax benefits, applying for a new driving licence if you are changing your name - everything. Plus, it's just nice to have ;) Legally bound to another forever, woo.
5. Enjoy your honeymoon, don't forget to take pictures!! We took so few it's hilarious, the pair of us usually take bajillions of photos everywhere we go, but we were so relaxed just taking it all in that I only have some phone pictures to share!
And then we came home...
And it has been so lovely since we got home. The past three months have been blissful. Not just because we're in "The Honeymoon Zone" - after all we were Living in Sin(!) beforehand. But because we have time to spend with friends, or just working in our little house, making it nice again after all the wedding madness. Back to reality? Back to normality more like.