Wednesday, May 19, 2010

World Cup Wedding Clash

A surprising number of people are asking if we're going to have a big screen at our wedding...

We thought carefully about dates and things so that this wouldn't happen - we're avoiding anything that's relevant to our small island nation. 

So we find out now that it doesn't just clash with one sporting event, but two.  Neither of which Ireland is involved in, therefore I think I'm well within my rights not to give a hoot. 

No there will NOT be a big screen at our wedding.  At first I thought people were joking but now I'm getting texts & emails about it.  Guests.  Genuinely concerned that they may not be able to watch their men folk running around after a ball.  Because we'll be feasting on a meal that a lot of planning has gone into.  Planning, mostly for them.  Not for me remember, I wanted none of this, and now that we've put all this damn work in, said guests... 

I just can't even finish that sentence.  I'm getting really fcuking fed up at this stage. 

3 comments:

  1. people are so rude. i'm sorry that the whole thing is turning into such a stress for you, MJ.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All the 'important' matches don't kick off until the evening, so I'd imagine that all weddings would have ended up in a bar by that stage. My best mate is getting married on the day of the first 2 Quarter-Finals (2nd July) but this issue hasn't even been raised. Unless your ceremony is kicking off at 8.30pm on the 11th July, I wouldn't worry about people dropping out. And even if it was, they're not going to hold it against you. They'll all remember this is your day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks guys, hope you're right!! It seems to all be terribly negative on this blog at the moment...sorry about that... We really are looking forward to it! Mostly because at that stage all the work will be over and we'll just have fun. And/or not care if something goes wrong ;) who cares after all, once Handsome One is at the top of the aisle when I get there, all will be well...

    ReplyDelete