Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Venue Problems Chapter Two

You may have noticed on Twitter that I am currently up and down like a yo-yo with regards to our venue choice.

We are having difficulties - big ones - I will post when there is resolution. Hopefully soon.

I have already been in contact with three alternate venues today, two of which are available on our big day.

Yes, it's that bad. So bad we could/would switch. Yes, the invites have been printed. No, they're not all gone out.

Yes, I'm stressed.

But yes... Yes I have the most excellent friends who are keeping me sane, the kindest mother who knows not to ring me about it during work hours lest I cry, and the best fiancé who has had enough of my sleepless worrying and is packing his boots and going to see them some morning this week to get the truth out of them because I'm up to my tits at work.

So all in all, perspective in sharp focus, I'm still a lucky little lady.

3 comments:

  1. sorry to hear it, MJ. i hope you get it sorted soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Rosie :)

    Plan B in place, if all goes pear shaped we'll just press the big red button and....GO!

    How are things going for you & Andy?

    ReplyDelete
  3. things are going well, i think! got the invitations out, so that's given the whole thing a bit of momentum once more. i have the big stuff sorted at this stage. there are days when i curse my stupidity in choosing a venue which is not a "venue" (e.g. we have to hire everything from serving staff to spoons) and all the other little homemade touches that i thought would be sweet (and assumed would be easy) but i'm getting there. and Andy's nodding contentedly and doing his bits. we'll be grand.

    ReplyDelete